We are happy to announce that a synthetic bowling green will be open for bowling as per the Bowls SA guidelines from Wednesday the 13th May for Club members only. Bowling will be available by bookings only every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday between Noon and 4 pm.
These are strict guidelines and rules that members must follow while bowling or they will be asked to leave the club.
RULES MEMBERS MUST ADHERE TO :
- Opening times will be for 4 hours. Members can book for 2 hours however if there is no-one else wanting to book for that session then members can stay for the 4 hours
- The maximum on a rink is to be 4 (e.g. 2 members each end when playing pairs)
- 2 jacks to be used on a rink and they are to be placed using the foot
- There must be at least 1 rink between each set of players
- Do not share the mats and jacks – only 1 person should be touching them
- The clubrooms WILL remain closed
- Must use the booking system
- Only Modbury Bowling Club members are to use the facilities
- Members are to leave immediately after they finish bowling and are not to stay around socialising
- Members are welcome to bring a flask of tea/coffee but we cannot allow alcohol on the premises because of our licencing regulations
- Social distancing (1.5 metres apart) must be practiced at all times
- Access will be via the western gate only (it should be locked to keep passers-by walking in and inadvertently increasing our numbers beyond the maximum of 10)
- There will be sanitizer provided for members’ use – it will be located between C and D greens
- There will be a cleaning station provided for members to clean the jacks and mats – this must happen before and after bowling sessions
- The toilet in the ‘shed’ will be available for use – there is a washbasin in there and soap and sanitizer will be provided
- If any of the greenkeeping staff are working then we can only have the appropriate number of bowlers that takes us up to a total of 10 on-site. We expect the additional number of bowlers to leave the premises to keep the maximum numbers to 10
- Give the on-duty volunteer manager respect and follow their instructions or the member will be banned for the facilities.
Please be aware of the $1,000 fine per person and the $5,000 club fine should members not adhere to the rules – these are not just the club rules but are the rules that are put in place by the government. Please be aware that there is a lot of foot traffic past our club so do the right thing – it only takes one infringement to close the club to all of us
TO BOOK, PLEASE CALL KATHY HILLS ON 0409 996 484. THIS IS TO ENSURE THAT THE SAME MEMBER DOES NOT BOOK ALL 6 DAYS – WE MUST TRY AND GIVE AS MANY MEMBERS AS POSSIBLE THE OPPORTUNITY TO USE OUR FACILITIES.
A big thank you to Kathy Hills (Secretary) for organising and the volunteers (Robert Basedow, Steve Leister, John Ignatavicius, Barry Trowbridge, Kevin Neumann and John Morris) for donating their time to manage the days