Dear Members and Visitors.
Bowls SA has advised that all clubs postpone all bowling events on the 17th March 2020. To this effect, the Modbury Bowling Club has postponed all bowling events including social bowls and night owls until further notice, and this will be reviewed every 7 days. We will make a call on our Skins tournament as this date gets closer.
The bar will be open as per normal and you are welcome to come down for a practice, but the club will not be holding any formal bowling events. Friday night meals will continue as per normal at this stage.
Night owls’ formal competitions have been postponed and may be rescheduled at a future date. Wednesday Night Owl’s presentation will be held as scheduled on the 18th March but no formal games will be held.
During this period of uncertainty, we ask that you assist the club by
• Remaining at home if you are feeling unwell
• If you have travelled overseas that you are following the directives of the Federal Government and self-isolate for 14 days
• Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly or use hand sanitiser
• If you have the following symptoms of fever, coughing, sore throat, fatigue, and shortness of breath seek medical advice immediately.
• Refrain from shaking hands with other people
• Refrain from picking up other people’s bowls
• Notify the club should you suspect that you have contracted the virus
Thank you for your patience and cooperation
Modbury Bowling Club Committee